Who is Eligible?
- Intern applicant must be a current sophomore or junior at a Plano ISD School
- Intern applicant must be 16 years old before June 8, 2020 and be able to work in the US
- Intern applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and have a solid attendance record.
Here’s how the Plano Mayor’s Summer Internship Program works:
• Students fill out the application form online which includes short essay portions. Students who were provided an internship last summer ARE eligible to apply again if they meet the other eligibility requirements.
• Students must attend Internship Prep, a mandatory training day on Saturday, March 28. The day will focus on preparing students for the Job Fair and include training on resume development, interview preparation, professional dress and business communication by top professionals..
• Student applications will be reviewed by participating employers and organizations beginning in March 2020.
• Companies will select students to be interviewed during the Job Fair. Company selections are based on the students’ online applications so please make sure that your application is well-written and reflects your attention to detail.
• Students and companies will participate in a Job Fair on April 24 from 3 to 7 p.m.
• Along with employers, PMSIP will notify students of job offers and assist the students with the hiring process during May.
• Interns will be required to attend Intern Orientation & Enrichment on June 3 & 4. Other Intern Enrichment activities will be offered to interns throughout the summer.
• Students selected will work their paid 8-week internship from June 8 to July 31. Jobs will range from 20 to 40 hours per week.
• Interns will attend the Plano Mayor’s Summer Internship Celebration Luncheon at the conclusion of the program. The luncheon date is set for Monday, July 27 at the Hilton Granite Park.